Friday, July 2, 2010

Presidents & Prophets. The Story of America's Presidents and the LDS Church Presidents & Prophets. The Story of America's Presidents and the LDS Church by Michael K. Winder

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a great book. Each Presidential Administration is covered. I really enjoyed reading it.

Some cool things I learned...

When they did President George Washington's Temple Work, the ordained him as a High Priest, where they normally ordain the dead to be Elders.

President Hinckley gave President Clinton a copy of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" the very same day that Monica Lewinsky began working in the White House and two days before their relationship began. Talk about timely.

I learned that a lot of what I think about the different Presidents comes from how the Church as a whole viewed the President. I found out why I have bias against Presidents such as Fillmore, Jackson, and Van Buren. The relationship between the government and the church has, and will continue to be, fascinating to me.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2011 Oh Bobus!.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.