Monday, September 6, 2010

New Roomate


I have a new roommate. His name is Ryan Boyce. He is from St. George, UT. He is majoring in Civil Engineering. He's a cool kid. My other roommate is still Oscar.


New Ward Members


There are a many new people in the BYU 150th Ward. The odds are good. There are two girls to every guy, but I guess that's normal at the Y. There are a bunch of awesome people and I'm excited to get to know them all.


Marathon Update


My brother, Neil, and I tried to run 20 miles on Saturday. That is to say, I tried and Neil succeeded. I didn't hydrate myself properly and had some problems. But I'm ok don't worry. The Marathon is in two weeks in Logan, UT. I am really excited. I'm planning on doing a triathlon in Casa Grande, AZ in early November.

I am extremely jealous of all of the BYU students who get to go to school right now. I miss school so much. However I think it's important to be patient and enjoy the present. As one of my favorite movies, Kung Fu Panda, says, "You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'" There is a good talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell that my good friend and former seminary teacher, Murlin Larson, showed to me entitled, "Content with the things allotted to us." It is worth the read.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Vance, you inspire me.

Lyndee said...

I meet Ryan...haha! Go Vance RUN!

Unknown said...

psh...two girls to every guy is normal in any YSA ward...barfus.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2011 Oh Bobus!.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.